A site for our friends and family to keep posted on our life
Monday, January 19, 2009
The Solid Diaries- Part 2
Okay, the skinny on Lauren and food is- well I think she is going to be skinny. After the rice cereal we tried sweet potatoes, thinking that it was sweet (at least out of the vegetables)- The minute she tasted it her head convulsed and she spit it out. So we spent a week on that and then moved onto peas. (Mind you I have been trying each one to see myself how "bad" it could really taste- not that bad actually!) We got the same reaction. By the fourth day of eating peas I think she knew what to anticipate so she just would slowly spit it out and play with her toys (we let her have a few in the high chair to make it all so much more fun of an experience). So we were 0-2. Which leads us to this week. So the last in my little Earth's Best vegetable starter kit was the carrots. I really was not thinking this would go so well especially since I am not a fan of them myself. But it was the first vegetable Bryan had wanted to start with so (as he says) she can have good eyes. Well, I gave her the first bite and there was no grimace, no bad icky face, and NO spiting it out. She LOVED it and was leaning towards the spoon for more. So of course I had to take pictures of it. Once again proving that she really is daddy's little girl!
Such a cutie! Taline loved all her Earth's Best foods we got her while we were traveling in Canada. I brought a bunch with us and she ate them all with gusto (not so with some of the homemade stuff mom makes).
2 comments:
YAY Lauren!!! Kacey hated the first 2 things we fed her too!
Such a cutie! Taline loved all her Earth's Best foods we got her while we were traveling in Canada. I brought a bunch with us and she ate them all with gusto (not so with some of the homemade stuff mom makes).
Post a Comment